MEMBER SIGN IN
Not a member? Become one today!
         iBerkshires     Williamstown Chamber     Williams College     Your Government     Land & Housing Debate
Search
Home About Archives RSS Feed
Overheated Pump Fills Pittsfield Home With Smoke
Staff Reports,
05:43PM / Friday, March 30, 2018


PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A city woman helped her elderly neighbor after a water pump overheated and filled her Parkside Avenue home with smoke.
 
According to residents on scene, the woman who lives at 148 Parkside Ave. fled the home after smoke filled the first floor. A neighbor saw her, ran over and helped her get away. She then called 911.
 
The Fire Department arrived shortly after and began searching for the potential fire. Ultimately the department determined that it was an overheated pump that began filling the home with smoke.
 
Firefighters ventilated the home and paramedics on scene evaluated the older woman. 
0Comments
Williamstown.com is owned and operated by: Boxcar Media 106 Main Sreet, P.O. Box 1787 North Adams, MA 01247 -- T. 413-663-3384 F.413-663-3615
© 2008 Boxcar Media LLC - All rights reserved