MEMBER SIGN IN
Not a member? Become one today!
         iBerkshires     Williamstown Chamber     Williams College     Your Government     Land & Housing Debate
Search
Home About Archives RSS Feed
Firefighters Snuff Out Savoy Chimney Fire
02:09PM / Friday, March 25, 2011
Important
0
Interesting
0
Funny
0
Awesome
0
Infuriating
0
Ridiculous
4

SAVOY, Mass. — Firefighters snuffed out Friday what could have been a dangerous fire.

"It could have been [bad] if we didn't get here in time," Savoy Fire Chief Lawrence Ordyna said. "It appeared that it had gotten into the walls and once that determination is make, we call a first-alarm fire."

The chimney fire was quickly snuffed out with fire Departments from Adams, Cheshire, Florida, Windsor, Hinsdale and Plainfield all responded to Main Road home at about noon. The home suffered minimal damage and there were no injuries, Ordyna said.

0Comments
Williamstown.com is owned and operated by: Boxcar Media 106 Main Sreet, P.O. Box 1787 North Adams, MA 01247 -- T. 413-663-3384 F.413-663-3615
© 2008 Boxcar Media LLC - All rights reserved